We want to extend our warmest congratulations to our 2018 Teacher Training graduates: Joann, Kelly and Kristy. We are so happy that you chose Kula for this special journey and wish the very best as it continues!
Check back here early next year for details on our 2019 Program.
Kula Yoga & Wellness is now accepting applications for our 2018 Hatha Yoga 200 Hour Teacher Training Program.
This year's program will offer two options:
1) Standard Program: 200 hours at Kula Yoga & Wellness over a three month period, 2 weekends/month from June - September 1st.
2) Nicaragua Program: 1st 100 hours at Kula over 4 weekends in June and July, and last 100 hours on Nicaragua's beautiful Pacific Coast, October 12-22 at EL Pacifico in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua.
Sanctioned by both US and Canadian Yoga Alliances, the 2018 program will include:
* Yoga Anatomy: 30 hours of full anatomy taught by Jo Ann Staugaard-Jones, author of Anatomy of Exercise & Movement, The Vital Psoas Muscle, and Concise Book of Yoga Anatomy.
* Philosophy, Pranayamas, Integration of Bandhas, Energy Systems and Bodies taught by Irum Naqvi, director of the Center for Natural Living YTT at Rancho Margot, Costa Rica.
* Techniques and Methodology including asanas, meditation, sanskrit, and personal practice.
* Delivery & Design of a yoga session, clarity of language, how to teach yoga to newcomers through Level I, creativity in leading a yoga session, and finding your own personal style are emphasized.
Discovery of the essence of yoga leads to natural healing and wellness, so the training will benefit anyone interested in a healthy lifestyle, even if there is not a desire to teach.
If you are interested in our YTT program, please fill out the application form found in our "Documents to Download" tab and return your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Option 1: Complete all training at Kula Yoga & Wellness;
Weekend Dates (Fri-Sun): June 1, 8, 22 & 29; July 13 & 20; August 3, 10, 24 & 31
Graduation: September 1st
Option 2: Complete 1st 100 hours (June & July, same weekend dates as above) at Kula Yoga & Wellness & last 100 hours on Nicaragua's beautiful Pacific Coast, October 12-22 at EL Pacifico in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. Classes will run from 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM daily.
Graduation: October 22nd
TIMES: (at Kula)
17 studio hours per weekend; Fri: 6-9PM; Sat: 11AM-6PM; Sun: 11AM-6PM; Additional 30 hours include reading material and testing.
Instructors: Jo Ann Staugaard-Jones, Irum Naqvi, Laura Murphy, and Kristin Mylecraine plus guests
Option 1: $3,000
Option 2: $1,000 for 1st 100 hours at Kula PLUS $3,200 for private room with attached bathroom or $2,650 for shared room/bathroom for last 100 hours in Nicaragua Airfare not included
Early registration discount: $300 if paid in full by May 15, 2018.
Registration Form can be downloaded from the "Documents to Download" tab on the Nav Bar
For more info, contact:
Irum at Irum Yoga OR
Jo Ann at Move to Live
* Dates subject to change